and “Your Privacy Rights” for US Residents)
Effective and last revised on June 30, 2023.
Welcome to the Conscious Awakening Network, LLC (CAN) a Colorado limited liability corporation formed for the purpose of being a multimedia streaming internet platform for events, live streaming, workshops, courses, community, marketplace and other services as may be determined.
The Websites may include some or all of the following: (a) a platform for the purchase and use of digital content, which allows end-users to purchase a subscription and stream pre-recorded audio and video content over the Internet for personal use, (b) an e-commerce site, which allows users to purchase products from the CAN online store, and (c) one or more websites where other online content (including content provided by CAN, Website users and third parties), resources, tools, products, services, communications and social networking features may be accessed and used. All of the foregoing are collectively referred to as the “Services.”
2. Acceptance of Terms and Agreement to Be Bound. The Services are offered to you on the condition that you accept and agree to be bound by this Agreement in its entirety without modification of any kind. By accessing and/or using any of our Websites, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse one or more of our Websites) or you are a “Registered User” (which means that you have registered to use the Websites and have subscribed to use one or more of the Services). If you do not accept the terms of this Agreement, you are not permitted to use the Websites and/or subscribe to the Services, and you are obliged to exit all of the Websites and discontinue any and all use of the Websites and the Services immediately.
3. Modifications. We may modify this Agreement from time to time, and, to the greatest extent permitted by law, such modifications shall be effective upon posting at any of our Websites. By accessing and/or using any of our Websites after any such modification is posted, you are agreeing to be bound by such modifications. You also acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to monitor the Websites for the posting of modifications and to review such modifications on a regular basis. If you do not agree to be bound by any future modifications of this Agreement, your exclusive remedy is to cancel your account and discontinue your use of the Websites and the Services. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, any new features, tools, products and/or services that change, augment, enhance or upgrade the current Websites and/or the Services will be subject to this Agreement.
4. General Registration Requirements. Visitors are currently permitted to view only limited portions of the Websites prior to deciding whether to become a Registered User. Full access to the Websites and the Services is available only to Registered Users and, if a subscription is required, then only to Registered Users who are also paid subscribers. If you wish to become a Registered User, you must register on our Websites, you must complete the registration procedures displayed on the registration page(s) of the Websites and, where applicable, pay the required subscription fee. Some aspects of the Websites and the Services are available to all Registered Users, and some are available only to Registered Users who have paid the required subscription fee and/or other charges, all of which are posted at the Websites.
5. Age Requirements for Access and Use of the Websites. By accessing and using the Websites, you acknowledge and agree that you are representing to us that you are over the age of 18 and you are of legal age to form a legally binding contract, and you are not a person barred from purchasing or receiving products and services, under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. Registration, subscription, access to and use of the Websites and the Services are not available to users under the age of 18 and are void where prohibited by applicable law.
6. Requirements for Becoming a Registered User. By completing the registration procedures displayed on the registration page(s) of the Websites, you acknowledge and agree that (a) you are representing to us that you are providing true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form available on our Websites (the “Registration Data”), and (b) you are obliged to maintain and promptly update your Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future access to and/or use of the Websites and the Services (or any portion thereof).
8. Member Account, Password and Security. As a Registered User, you are required to choose a password, and provide your email address, and you may be asked for additional information regarding your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of the password and all other account information, and you are fully responsible and liable for all access to and use of the Websites and the Services that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify us by e-mail to info@CAN.com of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you log out from your account at the end of each session. CAN will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
10. Security Components. You acknowledge and agree that the Websites and the Services, and the software embodied within the Websites and the Services, may include security components that permit digital materials to be accessed, used, and protected, and that use of these security components is subject to usage rules set by CAN and/or content providers who provide content to CAN. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any such security components and usage rules embedded in the Websites and the Services.
11. Subscription Fees and Payment. Access to and use of the Services is subject to a subscription fee (“Fee”). The Fee is payable in U.S. dollars or other currency as applicable. You will be required to provide your credit card number and other information at the time of your initial registration. Your credit card will automatically be charged at the time of your subscription or the end of your free trial, and regularly thereafter based on the terms of your subscription, and you hereby authorize CAN to charge your credit card for the then-applicable subscription fee. The Fee is non-refundable except as provided in Section 26 below (“Term and Termination”). CAN reserves the right to change or modify the Fee or payment schedule (including, without limitation, increasing prices and charging a fee for upgrades) at any time. Plans priced in currencies other than U.S. dollars are subject to adjustment due to fluctuations in exchange rates. CAN will use its reasonable best efforts to provide you with reasonable notice prior to making any fee changes or modifications, with the exception of exchange rate changes.
Free trial eligibility is determined by CAN at its sole discretion and we may limit eligibility or duration to prevent free trial abuse. We reserve the right to revoke the free trial and put your account on hold in the event that we determine that you are not eligible. Members of households with an existing or recent CAN membership are not eligible. We may use information such as device ID, method of payment or an account email address used with an existing or recent CAN membership to determine eligibility. For combinations with other offers, restrictions may apply.
If CAN is for any reason unable to effect automatic payment via your credit card, CAN will attempt to notify you via email and your account will be disabled until payment is received. You are responsible for notifying CAN of any changes to your credit card information and to update your information if your credit card has expired. CAN may suspend, terminate and/or otherwise interrupt your access to the Services if you fail to so notify CAN.
All Fees are exclusive of all excise, sales, use, transfer and other taxes and duties imposed with respect to the Services by any federal, state, municipal or other governmental authority, all of which taxes you are required to pay except for taxes based on CAN’s net income. You are responsible for obtaining and providing to CAN any certificate of exemption or similar document required to exempt any transaction from sales, use or similar tax liability.
You agree to pay your account balance on time. You are responsible and liable for any costs and expenses, including attorney and collection fees, that CAN may incur in its efforts to collect any remaining balances due from you. This paragraph will in no way limit any other remedies available to CAN. You are required to notify us of any billing problems or discrepancies within sixty (60) days after they first appear on your credit card account statement by sending a written notice to info@CAN.com. If you do not so notify us within the time allowed, you waive any right to dispute such problems or discrepancies.
We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
12a. Content. The content available at the Websites and the Services generally consists of (a) content owned by CAN, including but not limited to the trademarks, trade dress and “look and feel” of the Websites and content created and/or acquired and owned by CAN (“CAN Content”), (b) content owned by third parties and licensed to CAN for specified uses on the Websites and the Services (“Third-Party Content”), and (c) content that may be posted and/or otherwise uploaded to the Websites and/or the Services by you (“User Content”). As between you and other Registered Users, however, the content posted by other Registered Users is considered to be “Third-Party Content.” All of the foregoing are collectively referred to as “Site Content.” The quality of the display of the CAN content may vary from device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. CAN makes no representations or warranties about the quality of your watching experience on your display.
12b. Geographic Limitations. Due to certain licensing restrictions placed on our titles, some content may not be available in your geographic location, and therefore, cannot be viewed. If at any time you feel this inhibits your experience upon purchasing a CAN subscription, please contact our customer service department and we will work with you in order to remedy the situation. You can reach customer service by email at info@CAN.com.
13. Ownership of Content. CAN does not claim ownership rights in any User Content that you post on the Websites or otherwise make available through the Services. Subject to the non-exclusive license contained in Section 14 below (“License to Your Content”), as between CAN and you, you will retain all intellectual property rights that you may have in any User Content that originates with you.
14. License to Your Content. In order to be able to offer you the use of our Websites and the Services pursuant to this Agreement, you are required to grant a license to CAN to use and distribute your User Content. This enables us to permit other Visitors and Registered Users to view and share your User Content, and to display your User Content in other places within the Websites. Accordingly, by posting, displaying, publishing, transmitting, or otherwise making available (individually and collectively, “posting”) any User Content on or through our Websites or the Services, you hereby grant to CAN a non-exclusive (meaning you can license the User Content to other parties as well), fully-paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide license (including the right to sublicense) to use, copy, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works, publicly perform, publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, distribute, and otherwise make available such User Content on and through the Websites and/or the Services, in print, or in any other format or media now known or hereafter invented, without any obligation of notification, compensation, attribution or consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will not use your User Content to create commercial products such as books. For purposes of this section, “commercial products” does not include use on the Websites and the Services and/or the advertising, publicity, promotional and marketing materials for the Websites and the Services in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter invented. If you wish to remove any User Content from the Websites and/or the Services, the decision will be made by CAN alone in its sole and absolute discretion, and our decision may depend on the type of User Content, the location and manner of posting, and other factors. You may contact us at info@CAN.com to request the removal of certain User Content you have posted, but CAN (i)has no obligation to remove any such User Content, (ii)may choose whether or not to do so in its sole discretion, and (iii)makes no guarantee as to the complete deletion of any such User Content and copies thereof. In any case, a back-up or residual copy of any User Content posted by you may remain on CAN’s servers after the User Content appears to have been removed from the Websites and/or the Services, and CAN retains all rights granted in this section to all such remaining copies. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own all right, title and interest in all User Content posted by you on or through our Websites or the Services, or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your User Content on or through the Websites and/or the Services does not require the knowledge or consent of any third party and does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, contract rights, confidentiality, or any other rights of any third party.
15. Prohibited Conduct. The Websites and the Services may include features that permit you to post User Content, which includes and applies to (but is not limited to) content of your own, comments on the User Content posted by other Registered Users, and communications with other Registered Users. Such User Content includes but is not limited to information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not use the Websites and/or the Service to post or other transmit User Content that:
is patently offensive and/or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter;
solicits personal information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18);
provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names or email addresses of anyone other than your own;
promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
violates any intellectual property or other proprietary right of any third party, including User Content that promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Members;
involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent or, in the case of children under the age of eighteen (18), parental consent, or otherwise constitutes an invasion of an individual’s privacy or infringement of publicity rights; or
contains a virus or other harmful component.
16. Responsibility for User Content. You, and not CAN, are entirely responsible for all User Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Websites and/or the Services. CAN does not control the User Content posted via the Websites and/or the Services and, as such, we cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such User Content. You acknowledge and agree that, by using the Websites and the Services, you may be exposed to User Content that you deem offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will CAN be liable in any way for any User Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any user Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any User Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Websites and/or the Services.
17. Rejection and/or Removal of User Content. You acknowledge and agree that CAN may or may not pre-screen User Content posted on our Websites, but that CAN shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to pre-screen, edit, refuse, and/or remove any User Content or portion thereof that is available via the Websites and/or the Services, in its sole and absolute discretion, for any reason, including but not limited to its determination that any such User Content is not appropriate for the Websites and/or the Services, or for no reason. Without limiting the foregoing, and by way of example only, CAN shall have the absolute right to remove from the Websites and/or the Services any User Content that violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable in the sole discretion of CAN, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Websites and/or the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. If you become aware of misuse of the Websites and/or the Services by any person, please contact CAN by email at email@example.com.
18. Limited License. CAN hereby grants to Registered Users a limited, personal, revocable, non-sublicensable license to display a single copy of the CAN Content and the Third-Party Content located on or available through our Websites or Service (excluding any software code therein) solely for your single, personal, non-transferable and non-commercial use in connection with viewing our Websites and using the Services during the term of your registration. All such use is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and may be terminated by CAN as set forth in this Agreement. Except for User Content posted by you, you may not copy, store, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, make available, or sell any Site Content for any purpose whatsoever.
19. Examples of Limitations on Use. Any non-commercial reuse of any portion of the Site Content by a Registered User that falls within what is allowed as “Fair Use” under the United States copyright and trademark law is permitted. In addition to the limitations set forth in Section 18 above (“Limited License”), and by way of example only, no commercial storage, use, reproduction or transmission of any Site Content is permitted under any circumstances. The Websites and the Services may not be used in connection for any commercial purposes except as specifically approved in writing and in advance by an authorized representative of CAN. Unauthorized framing of or linking to any of our Websites is prohibited. Commercial advertisements and other commercial content, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed by CAN from the Websites and the Services without notice and may result in termination of registration and subscription and denial of access to and use of the Websites and the Services.
20. Health and Medical Concerns. Some of the Site Content includes information and instruction relating to exercise and fitness, and some of the products and services available through the Websites and the Services relate to exercise and fitness. You acknowledge and agree that the following warnings and disclaimers shall apply to all such information, instruction, products and services.
Before participating in any exercise program or using any fitness products or services that may be described and/or made accessible in or through the Website and/or the Services, we strongly recommend that you consult with a physician or other healthcare provider. CAN, its staff and the content-providers are not licensed medical care providers, are not rendering personal medical advice or treatment, and have no expertise in advising on, diagnosing, examining, or treating medical conditions of any kind, or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on a medical condition.
The Websites and the Services are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You acknowledge and agree that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, and/or when using any fitness products or services, there is the possibility of physical injury and/or death, and you assume the risk and responsibility for any such results.
You should never disregard medical advice or delay seeking it because of a statement you have read on the Websites and/or the Services. The Websites and the Services should not be used in lieu of advice given by qualified medical professionals such as your doctor or registered dietitian. It is important that the Websites and the Services are used only in conjunction with qualified medical guidance. If you know or suspect that you may be pregnant, have an eating disorder, have diabetes, or have any other physical or medical condition, it is imperative that you seek the advice of your doctor prior to using the Websites and/or the Services.
You must always consult your doctor before beginning an exercise or dietary program. Keep the following checklist in mind when developing your program in conjunction with your health care provider, but also bear in mind that the checklist is not exhaustive and does not take the place of a consultation with your healthcare provider.
21. Reservation of Rights. CAN Content and Third-Party Content are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. CAN and its third-party licensors owns and retains their respective rights, title and interest in and to their respective content subject only to the limited licensed granted to Registered Users as set forth above.
23. International Use. Due to the global nature of the Internet, you acknowledge and agree that you are obliged to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding the access to and use of the Websites and the Services. By way of example only, you acknowledge and agree that you are obliged to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside, and that restrictions on access to and/or use of some Site Content may apply to users based on their place of domicile, residence and/or use.
24. Take-Down Notices Under the DMCA. CAN will receive and evaluate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2) (“DMCA”). Written notices of claimed copyright infringement must be in strict compliance with all terms and conditions of the DMCA and must be submitted according to the procedures set forth in the DMCA to the following Designated Agent for CAN:
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement on Behalf of CAN, Inc: Director of Content Acquisition and Content
Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification to CAN Should Be Sent:
Director of Content Acquisition and Content
833 W. South Boulder Road
Louisville, CO 80027
Email of Designated Agent: firstname.lastname@example.org
25. Registered User Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Registered Users. CAN reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Registered Users.
26. Term and Termination.
This Agreement, as it may be modified from time to time, shall remain in full force and effect for so long as it is posted on any of the Websites or until terminated by CAN or by you.
You may terminate your status as a Registered User and cancel your account at any time and for any reason, by notifying us by email at info@CAN.com, but any such termination and cancellation will be effective only after CAN has processed the request. If you cancel your account prior to the expiration of your pre-paid subscription period, you will forfeit the Fees paid for any unused portion of your subscription, which are non-refundable. However, you will be able to continue viewing premium content until the expiration of your current pre-paid subscription period. You also acknowledge and agree that the cancellation of your account is your sole right and remedy with respect to any dispute with CAN.
CAN reserves the right to suspend or terminate your status as a Registered User, cancel your account, and disable your access to the Websites and Services at any time, with or without notice to you, with or without cause, and without liability to you. CAN shall have no liability to you or any third party because of such suspension or termination or related action for any reason except as follows: (a) If CAN elects do so with cause, then no refund of any unused portion of a pre-paid subscription is owing, and (b) if CAN elects to do so without cause, then CAN will refund any unused portion of a pre-paid subscription.
The following sections shall survive any termination of this Agreement, your account, and/or your use of the Service: Section 9 (“Preservation and Disclosure of Account Information and User Content”), Section 12 (“Content”), Section 13 (“Ownership of Content”), Section 14 (“License to Your Content”), Section 16 (“Responsibility for Your User Content”), Section 17 (“Rejection and/or Removal of User Content”), Section 20 (“Health and Medical Concerns”), Section 21 (“Reservation of Rights”), Section 22 (“Other Sites”), Section 23 (“International Use”), Section 25 (“Registered User Disputes”), Section 27 (“Disclaimer of Warranties”), Section 28 (“Waiver of Claims”), Section 29 (“Limitation of Liability”), Section 30 (“Severability”), Section 31 (“Indemnity”), and Sections 34 through 40.
Upon suspension or termination, CAN shall have no obligation to save any User Content that you may have posted or otherwise provided, and we reserve the right to permanently delete and destroy any of your personal information and/or User Content.
27. Disclaimer of Warranties. You acknowledge and agree that the Websites and the Services are offered without warranties of any kind whatsoever by CAN and/or the providers of Site Content. The disclaimer of warranties includes, but is not limited to, the following.
(a) Your use of the Websites and the Services is at your sole risk. The Websites and the Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. CAN and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, licensors, vendors and contractors (collectively, the “CAN-Related Parties”) expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, with respect to the service, the websites, and any third party websites with which they are linked.
(b) The CAN-Related Parties are not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, injury or health problems that may result from your use of the Site Content and/or other aspects of the Websites and/or the Services, including but not limited to training programs, recipes, products, services, events and/or information that you may learn about on the Websites and/or the Services, and/or any action or inaction on your part as a result of information you have obtained from the Websites and/or the Services. By way of example only, if you engage in any exercise or diet program that you receive or learn about through the Websites and/or the Services, and/or if you use any product or service that you receive or learn about through the Websites and/or the Services, you agree that you do so voluntarily, after consulting an appropriate health professional of your choice, and at your own risk, and you agree to release and discharge the CAN-Related Parties CAN from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of the foregoing.
(c) The CAN-Related Parties make no warranty that the Websites or the Services, the Site Content, and/or the information, products and services available through the Websites or the Service will meet your expectations or requirements, or that you will achieve any particular results from the use of any of the foregoing, or that the Websites or the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free, or free of any harmless components (including viruses, malware, spyware, or comparable components.
(d) You expressly assume the risk, by way of example, of deletion, non-delivery or failure to store postings of User Content, communications, personalized settings, or data, and you acknowledge that the CAN-Related Parties make no warranties regarding the foregoing.
(e) Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Websites or the Services is accessed at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any loss or damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
28. Waiver of Claims. You hereby waive, release and discharge the CAN-Related Parties from and against any claims that you may be entitled to make by reason of any use of your User Content authorized under this Agreement and/or by reason of your participation in any of the communications and social networking features of the Services, including but not limited to, and by way of example only, any claims based on copyright infringement, trademark infringement, rights of privacy or publicity, defamation and otherwise.
29. Limitation of Liability. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, the CAN-Related Parties will in no event be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including lost profit damages arising from or in connection with any use of the Websites and/or the Services, and/or any website with which they are linked, and/or any content, information, products or services accessible through the Websites and/or the Services, even if any of the CAN-Related Parties have been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the aggregate liability of the CAN-Related Parties to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to CAN for the Services.
30. Severability. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, in certain jurisdictions, some of the above limitations of liability may not apply to you. In any such case, and/or if any terms or conditions of this Agreement are held to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect on its remaining terms and conditions of this Agreement unless and until terminated by CAN. Furthermore, if any term or condition of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the intentions of the parties as reflected in the invalidated provision.
31. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the CAN-Related Parties from any and all third party claims, losses, liability, damages, and/or costs (including reasonable attorney fees and costs) arising from your breach of the terms of this Agreement, or your infringement, or infringement by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. CAN will use its reasonable best efforts to notify you promptly of any such claim, loss, liability, or demand, and will provide you with reasonable assistance, at your expense, in defending any such claim, loss, liability, damage, or cost.
32. Additional Terms. We may also require you to follow additional rules, guidelines or other conditions (“Additional Terms”) in order to participate in certain promotions or activities available through our Websites, to obtain certain premium Site Content through our Websites, and/or for other reasons. In addition, certain Additional Terms will govern your subscription to the Services and any purchases you make through the online store. These Additional Terms will be posted on the relevant portions of our Websites or on the portions of our Websites that describe the specific promotions, Content, or activities. These Additional Terms are incorporated by reference in this Agreement, and you agree to comply with them when you participate in those promotions, purchase items from our online stores, or otherwise engage in activities governed by such Additional Terms.
33. Modification and Discontinuation. We reserve the right at any time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Websites and/or the Services, or any portion thereof, with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance of the Websites and/or the Services.
35. Choice of Law and Forum. This Agreement and the relationship between you and CAN shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and CAN agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Denver, Colorado.
36. No Waiver. The failure of CAN to exercise or enforce any right and/or remedy under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right and/or remedy.
37. Statute of Limitations. You acknowledge and agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Websites, the Services or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
38. Relationship of the Parties. You and CAN acknowledge and agree that they are independently contracting parties dealing at arm’s length with each other in connection with the licensing of intellectual property rights and the provision of services. No partnership, joint venture, joint authorship, employment, fiduciary, agency or other relationship is created between them.
39. Binding on Successors. This Agreement shall be binding on and inure to the benefit of the heirs, executors, administrators, licensees, successors and/or assigns of the parties, as applicable. For avoidance of doubt, you acknowledge and agree that CAN is fully authorized to assign, sublicense and/or otherwise convey and transfer this Agreement and/or any of its rights under this Agreement at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without compensation of any kind to you.
(Including Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy
and “Your Privacy Rights” for California Residents
Effective and last revised on January 28, 2019.
3. Information Collected By the Websites. We collect two types of information from users of the Websites: personal information described below; and non-personal information such as information about traffic patterns on the Websites.
4. Personal Information. To access certain portions of the Websites, including the portions where the Services are offered, we require you to register and select a user name and password. Some personal data is collected during the registration process. We may then ask for additional information, including personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information.
When you make a purchase on one of the Websites, when you subscribe to the Services, and/or when you enter a contest or other promotion, we may ask you for certain personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address, or credit card number, in order to process your order, manage your subscription, administer the contest, or send you promotional e-mails. Providing personal information in these instances is solely your choice; you do not need to provide such information, make purchases, or enter such contests to browse our Websites as a Visitor.
5. How We Use Your Personal Information. We use the information collected on the Websites for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, running the Websites and the Services and contacting users. The Websites and the Services may also make available to other Registered Users information provided by you during registration, such as your screen name. We may use your information to communicate back to you, to update you on products, services and benefits, to personalize the Websites for you, to contact you for market research or to provide you with marketing information, newsletters, or other information we think would be of particular interest. In addition, if you make a purchase on any of the Websites, we may send you order and shipping confirmation emails. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such materials.
You can remove your e-mail address from our e-mail list at any time by following the procedures set forth in the Section 9 below (“Opt Out Procedures”) or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in every e-mail from CAN. In addition, you can modify your information or change your preferences, as set forth in Section 10 below (“Reviewing or Changing Your Information”). Information obtained through the Websites and/or the Services may be intermingled with and used in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than our Websites, including both offline and online sources.
6. Discussions and Community Tools. The Websites and the Services may make chat rooms, forums, bulletin boards, news groups and other community tools available to Registered Users and/or Visitors. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information for other users to view and for CAN to use. Please do not disclose any personally identifiable information, including without limitation your full name or e-mail address, in these publicly accessible areas of the Websites or the Services. Please be considerate and respectful of others while using any chat rooms, forums or message boards to share your opinion.
7. Non-Personal Data. In some cases, we may collect non-personal information. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system application software, and peripherals you are using and the domain name of the web site from which you linked to our Site. We use your information on an aggregated basis to do such things as operate our Websites, enhance our Websites and sell and deliver advertising.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies; however, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent or you can flush your browser of cookies from time to time. (Note: you may need to consult the help area of your browser application for instructions.) If you choose to disable your cookies setting or refuse to accept a cookie, however, you may not be able to access all areas of the Websites and/or the Services.
CAN utilizes Google Analytics for aggregated, anonymized website traffic analysis. In order to track your CAN session usage, CAN places a Google Analytics cookie (_ga) with a randomly-generated ClientID in your browser. This ID is anonymized and contains no identifiable information such as email, phone number, name, etc. CAN uses Google Analytics to track aggregated website behavior, such as what pages you looked at, for how long, etc. This information is important for improving the CAN user experience and determining CAN’s site effectiveness. If you wish to remove Google Analytics from your site experience, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
9. Opt Out Procedures. You have the option to opt out of receiving information from CAN, the Websites and the Services. This opt out messaging will appear at the bottom of every promotional email that is sent out. If you no longer wish to take advantage of the Websites or the Services or receive any form of direct contact from CAN, whether it is email, discounts, newsletters, or other promotional offers or materials, contact us at: info@CAN.com.
10. Reviewing or Changing Your Information. In order to ensure that the information we maintain is accurate, we give users the option to change or modify their information previously provided during registration. If you would like to change your information currently in our database please log in and click the “My Account” link on the various Websites or email us at info@CAN.com.
We may employ third parties to perform services or functions on our behalf in order to improve our Websites, merchandising, marketing and promotional efforts, communications or other services. Those third parties may include authorized contractors, consultants and other companies working with us. They only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and they may not share any personal information with others or use it for any other purpose than providing or improving CAN’s services and offerings.
We may share your information with third parties whom we believe have information of interest to you. In addition, we may share certain non-personal information with third parties for advertising, promotional and other purposes. For example, we may work with third party advertising companies, to serve and track our ads. These third parties may install other cookies. Our advertising partners may use the non-personal information they collect from our Websites, in the aggregate, to help us better market and serve our customers.
12. Security. Providing a secure site is essential for your peace of mind and trust in CAN. We have installed encryption software conforming to the Secure Socket Layers (SSL) protocol to safeguard all of the commerce related (i.e. credit card and billing address) information you send to us. All information is stored on our servers in a secure location. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. If your password is compromised, notify Customer Service at once at email@example.com
13. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy. The Websites and the Services are not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, we take reasonable measures to determine that our users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Websites or the Services or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that personal information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by CAN, please contact us immediately at info@CAN.com so that we may appropriate steps to remove such information from our database.
14. Privacy Precaution Warning. Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit via our online services.
15. Your Consent. By using the Websites and/or the Services, and by providing your personal information to us, you also authorize the storage, use and export of your personal information as specified herein.
Your Privacy Rights (California Residents)
Online Privacy Protection Policy for California Residents
(“Shine the Light” Law)
Effective as of January 1, 2005, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code Sections 1798.80, et seq.) provides California residents with the right to receive certain disclosures when personal information that has been collected online is shared with third parties for direct-marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident and you provided personal information to CAN through a website in the past, and/or if you do so in the future, you are entitled to submit a request in writing to CAN for a description of the information we may have provided to third parties. To submit your written request, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the following words in the subject line of the email: “California Privacy Request.”
Within 30 days after receipt of your request, we will send you a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of the third parties who actually received such information, if any.
We reserve our right not to respond to requests sent more than once in a calendar year.
Please note that the California “Shine the Light” law does not cover all aspects of on-line information sharing, and our policy relates only to information covered by the law.
17. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice applies to California consumers and is a supplement of the CAN Privacy Statement.
Personal Information Collected. We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“CCPA personal information”). We have collected the following categories of CCPA personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Identifiers: “Identifiers” covers a broad range of information, including things like name, email address, billing address, and IP address. We collect personal information that falls into this category. For example, for subscribers we have an email address and payment information (such as a credit card). We collect IP addresses when you connect to our service online. These sorts of identifiers are connected to your CAN account. There are also identifiers we use for purposes like advertising (third party advertising cookies on our website) that we do not associate with your account, but that can be used to reach you with promotional messages on other websites and applications.
Internet or other electronic network activity information: Our service is an online service, so we collect CCPA personal information in this category, such as your interactions and activities within our service.
Geolocation data: Our streaming application does not collect precise geolocation data from GPS sensors. However, we do collect IP addresses so we can determine your general location in order to give you a better first interaction with our service.
Inferences: We have a recommendation system that tries to help return you custom titles based on what we feel you will like most.
Uses of CCPA personal information. We use categories of CCPA personal information listed above for the purposes improving your experience when interacting with the online service. This use is noted below:
We use personal information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your recurring payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use such information to:
determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for titles and shows we think will be of interest to you;
to coordinate with Partners around making the CAN service available to members and providing information to non-members about the availability of the CAN service, based on the specific relationship you have with the Partner;
prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and to enforce our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
analyse and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
communicate with you concerning our service so that we can send you news about CAN, details about new features and content available on CAN, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications may be by various methods, such as email, push notifications and online messaging channels.
To make requests, or if you have a question regarding our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Office at privacy@CAN.com. If you would like to submit a request to have your email address and all personal data removed you can request that at privacy@CAN.com and allow 30 days for processing and compliance.
18. User Data Requests. To make requests, or if you have a question regarding our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Office at privacy@CAN.com. If you would like to submit a request to have your email address and all personal data removed you can request that at privacy@CAN.com and allow 30 days for processing and compliance.
Community Posting Guidelines
At CAN, we believe in awakening to truths and new ways of being. In service to our transformative community of more than a half million members, we strive to maintain a space that respects dynamic and diverse viewpoints that fuel the search for more.
With the Internet as an unprecedented tool for connectivity, we’re all accountable to each other and responsible for how we show up here.
We have built CAN with incredible dedication to those who want to join us to make the world a better place. To this end, we see membership to our network and our community as a privilege, not a right. We insist that our members demonstrate respect for the people and opinions they encounter, remembering that words hold great power.
To ensure a safe space for discourse, we will remove comments if they are disrespectful toward others in our forum. In circumstances of hostility or disrespect toward other members, CAN, our hosts or guests, we may revoke membership entirely.
Conscious participation in this community is our collective commitment. We thank all of our members for their support to empower the evolution of consciousness.
Anti Spam Policy
At CAN we are 100% against spam and unsolicited emails and maintain CANSPAM compliance. We do not sell or provide email addresses to any unauthorized third party and do not authorize any third party or affiliate to misuse products or services created by or associated with CAN in spam or bulk emails. If you feel you have received any unwanted emails from us, please contact us immediately and we will look into the matter.
CAN prohibits the use of their website and/or services in any manner associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mail (ìSpamî). You may not use any CAN services to send Spam. You also may not deliver Spam or cause Spam to be delivered to any customers of CAN.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (15 U.S.C. 7701, et seq., Public Law No. 108-187, was S.877 of the 108th United States Congress), e-mail sent, or caused to be sent, to or through the CAN website or service or on behalf of CAN may not:
use or contain false, misleading, invalid or forged headers
use deceptive or misleading subject lines
use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names;
employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path;
use other means of deceptive addressing;
use a third party is internet domain name, or be relayed from or through a third partyís equipment, without permission of the third party;
contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content;
fail to comply with additional technical standards described below;
CAN does not authorize the harvesting, mining or collection of e-mail addresses or other information from or through the website or its services. CAN does not permit or authorize others to use the CAN services to collect, compile or obtain any information about its customers or subscribers, including but not limited to subscriber e-mail addresses. CAN does not permit or authorize any attempt to use its services in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any aspect of any of the services, or that could interfere with any other party ís use and enjoyment of any CAN service.
If CAN believes that unauthorized or improper use is being made of any service, it may, without notice, take such action as it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, including blocking messages from a particular internet domain, mail server or IP address. CAN may immediately terminate any account on any service which it determines, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any e-mail that violates this policy.
Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any right to transmit or send e-mail to, or through, the CAN website and/or services. Failure to enforce this policy in every instance does not amount to a waiver of CAN ís rights.
Unauthorized use of any CAN services in connection with the transmission of unsolicited e-mail, including the transmission of e-mail in violation of this policy, may result in civil, criminal, or administrative penalties against the sender and those assisting the sender.
Violators of the CAN SPAM Act may be subject to cease and desist orders or penalties from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) of up to $11,000 per violation. Criminal prosecution is also possible in the case of egregious offenders, which can result in penalties such as fines, forfeiture of proceeds and equipment. The worst offenders can also be subject to prison time.